Would you be surprised to learn that self-deception is the #1 obstacle to organizational effectiveness? It's true. Also true is that reducing self-deception may be the single most important step your organization can take toward increased productivity.
But what is self-deception and why is it so prevalent? Simply put, self-deception is the problem of not being able to see that you are the problem. For instance: Think about the most difficult person you've ever had to work with. What made them difficult? Did they consider themselves a problem? Chances are, they did not. Despite the fact that you (and everyone else around them) could see they were a problem, they couldn't see it.
Leadership and Self-Deception illustrates this "simple" concept by presenting an unforgettable video re-enactment matched with a comprehensive workshop. The video and workshop exercises offer a poignant look at how self-deception prevents us from seeing the obvious solution to some of our biggest workplace problems, providing tools for analyzing and solving problems, at their core.
Learning about self-deception and its solutions enables us to:
- enthusiastically focus on results
- enthusiastically help others achieve results
- actively and concurrently learn and teach
- take responsibility
Key Learning Points
- Most - if not all - "people problems" (poor communication, lack of teamwork, unresolved conflict...) share a common root: self-deception.
- The very people involved in resolving a given problem contribute to it, and even help spread it.
- The solution to a problem always begins with them.
- Two versions of the video re-enactment (one with a host; one without) on DVD
- Leader’s Guide
- PowerPoint Presentation on CD-ROM
- 10 copies of the book, Leadership & Self-Deception
- 10 Participant Workbooks
- 10 Reminder Cards
Length: 16 minutes
Sales & Information
Place Secure Order Below
* * * * *
DISCOUNTS ON MOST VIDEO PROGRAMS FOR EDUCATION, GOVERNMENT, & NON-PROFIT 501(C)3 ENTITIES
CALL FOR QUOTE
* * * * *
Prices subject to change.