Leadership is a powerful substance that can be easily abused. The key to using it wisely lies within each of us. This is the message of the entertaining video training program Leader Madness. The video demonstrates six warning signs of ineffective leadership, showing how seemingly insignificant actions can develop into destructive leadership practices. Each scenario clearly identifies a critical moment of choice when the leader either motivates or alienates a work group. The wrong choices are played out with engaging humor, encouraging each of us to take a fresh look at our own leadership practices.
Key Learning Points
- Allow people to do their jobs
Beware of doing people's jobs for them. Give them a direction and get out of their way.
- Tell people what they're doing right
Beware of only telling people what they're doing wrong. Notice what they're doing right and tell them.
- Use your enthusiasm to solve problems
Beware of addressing real problems with meaningless pep talks. Use positive energy to find solutions.
- Put leadership before friendship
Beware of placing friendship before work. If you want to be respected as a leader, act like one.
- Take the time to really listen
Beware of dominating every discussion. Instead, listen more and talk less.
- Be an ethical role model
Beware of little white lies. Set the standard by your own behavior.
- Leader's Guide with reproducible worksheets
- DVD contains PDF version of leader’s guide and supporting PowerPoint graphics. (Guide and PowerPoint files also available as a download.)
Length: 21 minutes
Sales & Information
Place Secure Order Below
* * * * *
DISCOUNTS ON MOST VIDEO PROGRAMS FOR EDUCATION, GOVERNMENT, & NON-PROFIT 501(C)3 ENTITIES
CALL FOR QUOTE
* * * * *
Prices subject to change.