It has never been more difficult to be a manager. The pressure to increase productivity and profits by doing more with less, while trying to corral a new high maintenance workforce that brings its own set of expectations and demands, has never been greater. All of this has led bestselling author and management consultant, Bruce Tulgan, to declare the days of "hands-off" management officially over.
It's OKAY to be the BOSS with Bruce Tulgan is a humorous, highly entertaining call to action for managers, supervisors and leaders. Based on Tulgan’s bestselling book, this motivational video dispels the 7 myths that have created the current under-management epidemic at all levels of business. As Bruce says, "Follow any problem in business…bad service, missed deadlines, soggy fries...whatever. Everything is somebody’s job and everyone has a boss. Everything leads back to the boss."
Tulgan challenges managers everywhere to give up their "hands off = empowerment" style of managing and to re-engage with their employees - spelling out expectations, providing specific guidelines, correcting failure quickly and rewarding success even more quickly.
IT’S OKAY TO BE THE BOSS provides leaders and managers a step-by-step guide back to being the boss their employees appreciate and deserve.
Recognize the 7 Myths of Management
- The Myth of EMPOWERMENT
- The Myth of FAIRNESS
- The Myth of the JERK BOSS
- The Myth of the DIFFICULT CONFRONTATION
- The Myth of the NATURAL LEADER
- The Myth of the HR POLICE
- The Myth of TIME
Embrace the 4 Habits of a Great Boss!
- Make TIME to talk about the Work - have lots of small conversation about the work to be done.
- Talk like a COACH - use descriptive language.
- Make ACCOUNTABILITY a Process, not a Slogan - employees thrive when accountability is consistent and documented.
- Deal with LOW PERFORMERS - 4 critical reasons why you must deal with low performers.
- It's OKAY to be the BOSS on DVD
- Bonus Video - The Five Common Jerk Boss Scenarios
- 10 Pocket Reminder Cards
- Leader's Guide on CD-rom
- Participant Guide on CD-rom
- Self-Study Guide on CD-rom
Running Time: 27 minutes
Sales & Information
Place Secure Order Below
* * * * *
DISCOUNTS ON MOST VIDEO PROGRAMS FOR EDUCATION, GOVERNMENT, & NON-PROFIT 501(C)3 ENTITIES
CALL FOR QUOTE
* * * * *
Prices subject to change.