Why focus on attitude? Quite simply, skills can be taught. Attitude cannot. You’ve probably had the experience of hiring someone who you thought was perfect for the jobonly to find out later that the person could not work within the organization. With fewer people doing more work these days, organizations cannot afford costly hiring mistakes and the resulting turnover. Finding the right person with the right attitude and mind-set is a top priority.
In this video, a newly promoted manager needs to quickly hire a replacement for himself. Fortunately he gets some valuable advice from a fellow employee who guides him through the entire hiring process, from planning through interviewing and evaluation.
You will learn how to:
- Determine what attitudes lead to success in a job or organization.
- Design questions to reveal those attitudes.
- Conduct effective interviews.
- Evaluate candidates placing a priority on attitude.
In the process, you will learn simple, but effective techniques to hire the best people for your organization!
Key Training Points
- Plan Interview for Attitude
- Survey top performers for their attitude
- Identify key attitudes for success
- Prepare interview questions
- Determine interview format
- Establish a scoring system
- Review fair employment practices
- Utilize Recruitment Resources
- Use traditional resources, i.e. newspapers
- Consider Internet classifieds & websites
- Get referrals from existing employees
- Conduct a Structured Interview
- Set up appropriate time and place
- Review skills and experience
- Ask same prepared questions
- Request specific answers
- Allow time for thinking
- Keep the interview on track
- Evaluate for Attitude
- Use an objective scoring system
- Consider attitude as well as skills
- Leader's Guide
- Reproducible worksheets
Length: 20 minutes
Sales & Information
Place Secure Order Below
* * * * *
DISCOUNTS ON MOST VIDEO PROGRAMS FOR EDUCATION, GOVERNMENT, & NON-PROFIT 501(C)3 ENTITIES
CALL FOR QUOTE
* * * * *
Prices subject to change.