This is a provocative film that examines the role that nonverbal messages play in our lives at work. We learn that ignoring nonverbal language can have costly consequences.
As we see in the film, it is especially troublesome when we send or receive mixed messages -- when the words say one thing and the facial expressions, tone of voice, and body language say something else. Confused messages greatly impair our ability to communicate effectively. They have an adverse impact on morale, performance and productivity.
Fortunately, however, we can all improve our abilities in this area. Nonverbal language is something we cannot afford to ignore. It is a powerful and fascinating aspect of communication. This film offers concrete guidance in becoming more alert to this "silent language."
Key Learning Points
- that nonverbal messages are equally or even more important than the words we use
- what happens when verbal and nonverbal messages conflict
- what types of messages are conveyed by nonverbal language
- what to listen to and look for in a nonverbal message
- to understand cultural differences in nonverbal language
- to become aware of one's own nonverbal language
- the importance of sending consistent messages
Length: 20 minutes
Sales & Information
Place Secure Order Below
* * * * *
DISCOUNTS ON MOST VIDEO PROGRAMS FOR EDUCATION, GOVERNMENT, & NON-PROFIT 501(C)3 ENTITIES
CALL FOR QUOTE
* * * * *
Prices subject to change.